Old Canadian Train Stations
 Ontario


Links to the other areas of Canada


The Maritimes
Quebec
Western Canada
British Columbia
Yukon and the Territories


 


In an effort to make the station pages more on topic we decided 
to separate the Rail Yards, Freight Sheds, Water Towers and all 
other buildings that were not stations.
I hope you will appreciate what was done
Please use the link above to access these new pages

 

We would like to invite any of the visitors to this page to submit any
Canadian Train Station pictures that they may have.
You may use this email link
johnmacdonald@summerville-novascotia.com



 

Join me on facebook so that you can keep up with all the changes to
this page and all the rest that make up Old Canadian Railways

Old Canadian Railways

Promote Your Page Too



 
 
Aultsville is a ghost town in the Canadian province of Ontario. It is one of Ontario's Lost Villages, which were permanently flooded by the creation of the St. Lawrence Seaway in 1958
It was built in 1856 by the Grand Trunk Railway
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Coteau Station (Station-du-Cotea)
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Cornwell Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California

CN Long Sault Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Glen Robertson Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Station Casselman ON 1989
VIA Station and Info Centre, Casselman, ON 2009
 
CN Moose Creek Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
The original CPR station "Coldwater Junction" 
which was built beside the new CPR line to Sudbury
where the Grand Trunk (CN) line from Orillia crossed.
This intersection was called the Diamond. 
This location was a few miles outside the village of Coldwater, Ontario. 
This dates to about 1915. Eventually this station was 
sold to a local farmer and moved when the new station 
was built in the village of Coldwater .
This picture was submitted by Doug Binns
The CPR station within the village of Coldwater on 
the line to Port McNicoll. This dates about the
mid 1920's . This station was demolished when rail
traffic ceased in the early 1970's
This picture was submitted by Doug Binns
CPR Medonte Station

This picture was taken when the final steam train arrived from Port McNicoll on the CPR line that joined the Main CPR line from Sudbury. This would be about 1968 and it shows one of the new diesel engines. In between 
the locomotives is the Medonte Station (it replaced the Coldwater Junction station) which remained there for
another 20 years. It has since been demolished.
 

This picture was submitted by Doug Binns
This is the original Grand Trunk (CNR) station in 
Coldwater Ontario. This was built in about 1875.
It now has been converted to home. The new owner 
has retained the railway signals on the front of the 
building.
This picture was submitted by Doug Binns
Owen Sound Maritime / Rail Museum
These Owen Sound pictures were submitted by James Michael Gowan,
Owen Sound. Ontario and are for single use only
Owen Sound Maritime / Rail Museum
These Owen Sound pictures were submitted by James Michael Gowan, 
Owen Sound. Ontario and are for single use only
CPR station at Kenora ON. 
This station was built in 1889 .
Kenora ON is the first division point east of 
Winnipeg on the CP's main line.
This picture was submitted by Arthur Grieve, Winnipeg, Manitoba
CPR station at Kenora ON. 
This picture was submitted by Arthur Grieve, Winnipeg, Manitoba
CNR station at Sioux Lookout ON was built by the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway c.1910 which later became part of the Canadian National system. Sioux Lookout is the first
division point east of Winnipeg on the main line to Toronto and Montreal
This picture was submitted by Arthur Grieve, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Aldershot  1950s photo  now part of Burlington Ont.
The station was demolished .... The Aldershot Go 
Station was built just a bit East of the original station ... 
The Aldershot Station was named Waterdown in the
early years but eventually named Aldershot by CNR
Photographer is unknown

Waterdown 1..... Actually the station was located in Aldershot  about 3 miles from Waterdown .....
The road closest to the Station from Waterdown to 
Aldershot  was a private Toll road  with  the  with 
Toll Gate House and Aldershot Post Office 
Located in the Roderick Hotel   a few hundred feet 
East of the station..This photo shows  the oldest
station on this site  The photographer is unknown  c

Waterdown 2.....  GTR  rebuilt this  station  on the same 
site as Waterdown 1
The photographer is unkown

Aldershot Station ....1950  re-novated

This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
Waterdown 1 ..... Actually this Great Western Railway  Station was located in Aldershot  about 3 miles from Waterdown .....  The road closest to the Station from Waterdown to Aldershot  was a private Toll road  with 
the Toll Gate House and Aldershot Post Office 
Located in the Roderick Hotel   a few hundred feet 
East of the station..This photo shows  the oldest
station on this site. 
The photographer is unknown c 1899
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
Waterdown 2.....  GTR rebuilt this station on the 
same site as Waterdown 1. The photographer is 
unkown c1920s
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
The Aldershot Station Location is as previous,
the Passenger train  shown is West bound
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CNR Burlington Freeman Station 
This picture was taken by A. Aylett and submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CPR station at Dryden ON This building looks to be abandoned and derelict
This picture was submitted by Arthur Grieve, Winnipeg, Manitoba
CNR Brockville ON
This picture is of the  is the former freight house
and offices. The original 1850's station is further down
the track and barely viewable in that photograph.
This Picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel and were taken by a 
friend on a recent trip to the area.
CNR Station Prescott ON
This Picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel and were taken by a
friend on a recent trip to the area.
CNR Station, Lake Tortest, ON
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
CN Station, Bowmanville, ON 
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
and it was taken by Doug Hately
Ottawa Union Station CP & CN  Ticket Offices
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
Ottawa Union Station Main Concourse with tunnel
entrance to Chateau Laurie Hotel
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
Ottawa Union Station from main concourse
stairs to ticket offices
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
Ottawa Union Station Train Shed
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
Ottawa Union Station Train Shed
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
The Dominion departing Ottawa Union Station eastbound
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
CNR Sundridge Ont Station originally built by
NPJRR 1886 ... then GTR and finaly CNR 1923 
The station was demolished ....Photo #RR1 was by 
L. Faulkner 
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CNR Sundridge Ont Station originally built by
NPJRR 1886
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CNR Algonquin route includes Alderdale 1, 2,and 3 
with the water tower  being dismantled.

Alderdale ...Located in Chisholm Township, 
Parry Sound District, Ontario on the Second Transcontinental  route built by Canadian Northern
Ontario Railway in 1915 . The C.N.O.R.  went 
bankrupt in 1918 and the in 1923 the line became
C.N.R. The three Alderdale photos  where
collected by the Chisholm Womens Istitute. 
The line closed 24th Nov. 1995 and the steel 
was lifted ... No names  were recorded for any
of the people nor was there a photographer 
credited ....c 1920s

 

This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CNR Algonquin work crew on a hand car.
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CNR Algonquin, great day to sit on the roof and 
wait for the train
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CNR Foss Mill Station
The Algonquin route  includes Alderdale, Foss Mill, 
Kiosk, Wasing. The line was built in 1915 by CNORR 
closed 1995...photographer in all of these is unknown ...
These were demolished  or removed ..
The Alderdale Trestle was dismantled in 1996...

Foss Mill  Located in Chisholm Township as well but 
still further east on concession 5....Fassett Lumber Co. purchased  the site beside the CNR  Algonquin RR line 
and small Saw Mill from Wm. Foster 
around 1924 . Fassett dismantled  Fosters buildings 
and built a new Mill & Town Site and named it Foss 
Mill .... Fassett also built a  private logging railway
into  Algonquin park .. J.R Booth had a Logging 
siding at Foos Mill as well.. The Mill was destroyed 
by fire  26Aug. 1934 and never rebuilt . Jack McGibbon stands beside his car, Irene howard is next on the 
right and  Jack's daughter Peggy McGibbon is 
sitting in the car . CWI photo c 1920s 

Kiosk  was located (23km)14 miles further East on the
CNR Algonquin line ... The site had been abandoned 
by Booth & Mackey Lumber Companies by 1936
... S. Staniforth aquired the timberlimits in the area
for hardwood etc. and established Staniforth Lumber Co.  Over 70 workers from the destroyed FossMill worked 
in this new mill and a lot of them m oved to Kiosk.... The kiosk mill was destroyed by fire on 13 July1973 affecting about 600 people ...The pland was bulldozed and the park timber licences were cancelled  Kiosk was no more..

This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
Kiosk  was located (23km)14 miles further East on
the  CNR Algonquin line ... The site had been 
abandoned by Booth & Mackey Lumber Companies 
by 1936  .... S. Staniforth aquired the timberlimits in
the area for hardwood etc. and established Staniforth 
Lumber Co.  Over 70 workers from the destroyed 
FossMill worked in this new mill and a lot of them 
moved to Kiosk.... The kiosk mill was destroyed by 
fire on 13 July1973 affecting about 600 people ...
The pland was bulldozed and the park timber
licences were cancelled  Kiosk was no more..
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CNR Wasing Station

Wasing was located further East on the line  but
still in Chisholm Township on Concession 6-7.... 
The young woman in the photo is Doreen Smith sitting 
on a cream can from her parents  farm . 
No -photographer is credited for the Wasing photo 
but it belonged to Dorren. c1920s

This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
Mary & Mike Lang at the Algonquin Station
(Cache Lake). Mike was a CNR employee and
retired in 1965 ( Dining Car Conductor )
Mike and Mary used their employee pass for quite
a few trips ..........I believe the last train on this
route was 1959 ...... photo    c1930s
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
GTR (CNR) Huntsville Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
C.N.R. Train Station, Huntsville, Ontario

The railway came to Huntsville in 1885 and the station 
opened in 1886. In 1892 it was known as the Grand Trunk
railway. In 1923 it became the Canadian National Railway.
The present station as shown in the postcard was built in 
1924. It was designated a heritage railway station by the
Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada in 1993.

Huntsville Public Library
CNR Belleville Ontario station, taken from the east in 
1960 The dispatching office was on the ground floor
at the west end
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel who worked there from 1961 to 1964 
Tottenham ON c1931, created by the late Wentworth Folkins
West Toronto Station Ontario 1930, created by the late Wentworth Folkins
 
CN Station Armstrong ON c.1955
 This picture was submitted by Arthur Grieve, Winnipeg, Manitoba  
CNR 6167 at the Toronto Ontario, Parkdale Station
 This picture was submitted by John Grogan
CPR Weston Station Front View, Sept 19, 1967
This picture was submitted by Martin Proctor
CPR Weston Station Rear View, Sept 19, 1967
This picture was submitted by Martin Proctor
VIA Rail Kingston Station
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
The CN Station at Kingston ON, such as it appeared from 
the rear, around 1975. The mainline between Toronto and 
Montreal runs between the two buildings. 
Compare it with an updated photo of the VIA station at: http://www.uoguelph.ca/~thsiang/visit/noreast/kingston_
train664.jpg 
We now find the station and its annex fitted with a 
roof, in an updated view that was likely taken from
the bridge seen at the far right, above the cabs.
This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
VIA Rail Kingston Station
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
CP Kingston Station.
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
CP1095 (The Sprit of Sir John A) is also on this site
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
The sheds and former Signals and Communications
building for the former CN/GTR "Outer Station" on
Montreal St in Kingston.
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
GTR/CNR (ca. 1856) Station Kingston Station
 This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
The freight house extensions for the CN/GTR Outer Station.
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
Sheds and out building associated with the CN/GTR
Outer Station
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
The sheds and former Signals and Communications
building for the former CN/GTR "Outer Station"
on Montreal St in Kingston.

The CN/GTR "Inner Station" was a small single track station located on Ontario Street just down from
Kingston City Hall. Two doors down from the CP Station.
Both CN and CP ran parallel lines out towards Montreal
St, where the CN and CP lines crossed at a diamond, and then the CN line tied into the Outer Station. The CP line continued on, crossed the CN Toronto-Montreal
mainline and headed north to connect with the
CP Toronto-Montreal Mainline in Sharbot Lake
(later in Tichborne), about 40 miles to the north.
 

This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
Ernestown Station in Loyalist Township, Ontario
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
Grand Trunk Railway (GTR) (CNR) Napanee Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CP Station, Smiths Falls, ON This station is now a musuem.
It is the former Canadian Northern/CN Station in 
Smiths Falls. Built in 1912
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
CP Station, Smiths Falls, ON This station is now a musuem.
It is the former Canadian Northern/CN Station in 
Smiths Falls. Built in 1912
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
One of the many displays in the Smiths Falls Station
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON. 
Right that is the grandson
One of the many displays in the Smiths Falls Station
This picture was submitted by David MacDonald, Amherstview ON
South side Smiths Falls Roundhouse
This picture was submitted by Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
CN Station Yarmouth Junction Maine (Grand Trunk Railway. 
Pic is circa 1960)
This picture was submitted by Roger W. Beverage
Bellville Grand Trunk Station (Now a VIA Station)
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
Bellville Grand Trunk Station (Now a VIA Station)
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
The Grand Trunk Shannonville Station was on the Gananoque Sub at mileage 204
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
The C.P. Station was on the Belleville Sub on the C.P.R.mileage unknown, but in about the same area as
the Grand Trunk Shannonville Station.
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
The C.N.O.R. Station was on what they call the Beach 
Road in Shannonville Ontario . The picture says 1911 
Demolished Date unknown.
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
 CNR. Station Belleville ON. 1940's
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
CNR. Station Belleville ON.
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
 C.P.R. Station in Belleville Ontario.
This station was on Church Street in Belleville and it was demolished in 1976. This station in the late 1800's and early 1900's was shared with the C.N.O.R.  the C.P. & C.N.O.R. ran side by side all the way to Toronto Ontario from Belleville at this time history shows that it was quiet interesting because there was. Three railroads from Belleville to Toronto they are the C.N.R., C.P.R., and C.N.O.R. all running parrell into Toronto.
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
C.P.R. Station in Belleville Ontario.
This station was on Church Street in Belleville a
nd it was demolished in 1976
This picture was submitted by Bruce Polmanter, Bellville ON.
CNR Station located between Palmerston and
Fergus Ont. June 1956
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CN Station Komoka Ont, Aug 2004
This station is now a museum
This picture was taken and submitted by James Booth, Willingdon AB
1929 NUR Station, Waterford ON

The Waterford station is on the Southern Ontario NYC line be between Detroit Michigan & Buffalo NY. I believe that the station was also used by the LE&N and the PM RR.
The PM for sure. The LE&N did stop at Waterford.
The station is located on the South side of the tracks.

 

This picture was taken and submitted by James Booth, Willingdon AB
1929 NYC Station, Waterford ON  West view
This picture was taken and submitted by James Booth, Willingdon AB  
CNR Sprucedale Station c1915. On  what was Booth's
line from Depot Harbour  on Georgian Bay Ont.  to
Ottawa Ont. Line through the south portion of Algonquin 
Park This station has been removed.... 
Photographer is unknown
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CPR Station Parry Sound Ont. Sept 1983
 This picture was taken by Alan Campbell and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Parry Sound Ont
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CNR Station Parry Sound Ont
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California

 
The following series of pictures are compliments of Dave Savage/CRSN 
For further information on both stations in Ontario, and across the country there 
are books, listed on the webpage: www.railwaystationnews.ca.

 
CASO St Thomas, ON The largest station on the old NYC line from New York to Chicago Undergoing restoration to become a museum
 
CNOR North Oshawa, ON Now a residentual duplex
 
Former CP Tweed, ON The last one of this design in Ontario. Recently Demolished
 
Former K&P, CP Kingston, ON
Now a Tourist Information Center
 
Former CN Tillsonburg, ON. Now an Arts and
Crafts Center
Union Station and Royal York Hotel Toronto ON
This picture was taken by Phil Mason in 1975 and submitted by 
Jean Guy Hamel, Quebec, Canada
The vast ground level concourse of Toronto's 
Union Station as it appeared in mid-1970.  Built in 
1914 to replace an older building;  the station officially opened in 1927, serving CNR and CPR . It  would still 
be a couple of years after this photo was taken, before
VIA trains used it, although it serviced the almost
brand new GO commuter service. 

Notable in the picture to the left is the green light 
over the information counter and further along in the 
corner, the station restaurant which I frequently
patronized, employing male waiters in spiffy white 
shirts, black bowties and starched vests.

This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
Union Station was acquired in 2000, the City of Toronto
and it continues to serve as a transportation hub for
transcontinental and commuter rail as well subway station. 
The stairs lead to the Toronto Transit Commission (Union) 
subway station. Notice how the ticket counters were set up
in mid-1970. 
It occupies an entire city block along Front Street West between Bay Street and York Street. The building is 
752 feet long and has a facade of 22 limestone columns,
40 feet tall, along Front Street. 
The massive Ticket Lobby, commonly known as the 'Great Hall', is 250 feet long and 88 feet high at the ceiling's
highest point. The ends of the 'Great Hall' feature 4-story high arched windows and the floors feature a herringbone pattern of Tennessee marble. 
The names of destinations across Canada are carved just below the cornice that surrounds the 'Great Hall'. http://tourbytransit.com/toronto/destinations
/unionstation.php
Compare it to what it is today at http://primalorb.deviantart.com/art/Union-Station-Lobby

In 1975, Parks Canada designated Union Station a
National Historic Site because it was, and still is the most 
opulent station in Canada. Mid-way up the north and south walls are carved the names of the cities that were then serviced by the CPR and the Canadian National Railways (CNR), the government-owned railway that replaced the Grand Trunk. 
The list alternates from side to side, naming the cities from 
east to west

This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
For years, passengers and others proceeded through 
this archway down a gentle incline to the waiting area 
beyond, to catch trains. A few amenities were available
in the waiting room before the gate opening. At boarding
time , passengers merely showed train personnel a valid ticket, then passed through a solid brass door, before climbing a few stairs to the selected platform and
their train. I frequently took either the afternoon Turbo (preferably upstairs in the bar section of the first car)
or a roomette on the Night Owl, the latter arriving in downtown Montreal early morning.
This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
Toronto's Union Station, at 61 Front Street West
serves more than a quarter-million people daily. It has
been declared a National Historic Site. This view is
from a 1950-era postcard.

It is the 3rd station on the site; constructed between
1914 and 1920 by the Toronto Terminals Railway, 
jointly owned by the Grand Trunk Railway (later
CNR) and the CPR who each held 50% of the TTR
shares and was officially opened to the public on 
August 6, 1927. In 1954, the lower part of Union Station became a Toronto Transit subway station and in 1967,
GO Transit began providing commuter service out of 
the station, in addition to Amtrak and VIA Rail.
The Ontario Northland  Northlander provided a
passenger train service between Union Station and Northeastern Ontario from 1976 until 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Station_(Toronto)

Massey F. Jones collection
The Algoma Central Station at 129 Bay Street Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario in the early 70s. 
Perusing  web photos today,  will find the station still identical, except that the rooftop polar bear was removed when the railway was purchased by Wisconsin Central  in 1995, which was in turn purchased by CN  in 2001. 
The station is the base for the Agawa Canyon Tour Trains
This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
CPR Sault Ste Marie Ont Station
This picture was taken by Bill Grandin and was submitted by Jim parker
Grand Trunk Railway Station, Waubaushene Ontario
This picture was taken about 1880/90
This picture was submitted by Doug Binns
CNR Station Washego Ont. June 1975
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Foleyet Station, Foleyet Ontario
This station is no longer standing.
This picture was taken and submitted by Brian Westhouse
L&PS Station at Port Stanley, Oct 1982
This picture was taken and submitted by James Booth, Willingdon AB
L&PS Freight Shed at Port Stanley, Oct 1982
This picture was taken and submitted by James Booth, Willingdon AB
CNR Freight House, St. Thomas Ont. March 1994
This picture was submitted by Jim Parker and is part of the "Frank Smeltzer Collection"
NOR (Northern Ontario Railway (now the Ontario
Northland Transportation Commission),) Station,
Temagami Ontario
This picture was taken and submitted by Jack D. Kozlowski, Mississauga, Ontario
NOR (Northern Ontario Railway (now the Ontario
Northland Transportation Commission),) Station,
Temagami Ontario
This picture was taken and submitted by Jack D. Kozlowski, Mississauga, Ontario
NOR (Northern Ontario Railway (now the Ontario
Northland Transportation Commission),) Station,
Cobalt Ontario
This picture was taken and submitted by Jack D. Kozlowski, Mississauga, Ontario
NOR (Northern Ontario Railway (now the Ontario
Northland Transportation Commission),) Station,
Cobalt Ontario
This picture was taken and submitted by Jack D. Kozlowski, Mississauga, Ontario
CSR (St. Thomas Canada Southern Railway) Station,
taken March 1994
This picture was submitted by Jim Parker and is part of the Frank Smeltzer collection
CSR (St. Thomas Canada Southern Railway) 
Freight Shed, taken March 1994
This picture was submitted by Jim Parker and is part of the Frank Smeltzer collection
CSR (St. Thomas Canada Southern Railway) 
Freight Shed, taken March 1994
This picture was submitted by Jim Parker and is part of the Frank Smeltzer collection
CP Rail Richmond St. Station, London Ont. August 1987
This picture was taken and submitted by James Booth, Willingdon AB
Port Dover Station cira 1895
Formally the Stratford & Port Dover railway
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
Grand Trunk Railway Sinco Station c.1910
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
TH&B Dunnville Station c1900
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
GTR Dunnville Station c.1900
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
GTR Canfield Station c.1890
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
GTR Canfield Jct Station
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
Grand Trunk Railway and Michigan Central Railroad
Hagerville Yard and Station c.1890
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
Grand Trunk Railway and Michigan Central Railroad
Hagerville Station c.1932
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
GTR Jarvis Station c.1915
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
GWRR Jarvis Station c.1900
This picture was submitted by Keith Thornborrow
CNR Station, Picton Ont.
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station, Port Hope Ont. Oct 1988
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CPR Station, Prescott Ont. July 1979
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Uxbridge Ont. Oct 1987
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Washego Ont. June 1975
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CPR Station Britt Ont. April 1974
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CPR Station, Goderich Ont. April 1984

This station has recently been moved to a new location
and is to be used as a 300-seat restaurant.
The move was completed this summer (2013)
CPR Station in Goderich finally set in new location

This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CPR Station Orangeville Ont. Sept 1986
This station was built in the early 1900's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CPR Station Orangeville Ont. Sept 1986
This station was built in the early 1900's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CPR Station Stirling Ont. Aug 1977
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CPR Station Warren Ont.
This station now houses the local Home Hardware
Building Center
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CPR Station Warren Ont.
This station now houses the local Home Hardware
Building Center
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Unionville Ont. Sept 1981
This picture was taken by Allan Campbell and was submitter by Jim Parker
CNR Station Mt. Albert Ont. June 1975
This picture was taken by Allan Campbell and was submitter by Jim Parker
CNR Station Mt. Albert Ont. June 1975
This picture was taken by Allan Campbell and was submitter by Jim Parker
CNR Station Mt. Albert Ont. June 1975
This picture was taken by Allan Campbell and was submitter by Jim Parker
A partial trackside view of the Algoma Central Railway 
station at Oba, Ontario on November 6th, 1981 
This photo was taken as a consequence of Massey 
missing  the southbound ACR run from Hearst, due to 
delay by the CN  train he was riding through the Abitibi 
region of Quebec, with intent to reach Sault Ste Marie
ON, 200 miles south of Oba and loop to
Montreal via Toronto. 

The CN train conductor then arranged a connection 
with the ACR dispatcher at Oba. After paying a fare 
to the ACR, Massey was given a cab ride in the 185, 
but only to Hawk Junction, about one hour south,
because ACR regulation prevent freight trains from
carry non-crew through the Agawa Canyon.

From there, Massey proceeded to Wawa,
the nearest town of any size, and boarded a 
Greyhound bus to the Soo.

This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
Rear of the CPR station at FRANZ, Ontario, on
November 6th 1981; looking backwards from the cab 
of ACR 185, after leaving OBA in the snow earlier in 
the evening, see another photo on this page.

Built in 1912 by the Canadian Pacific Railway, the
station served for decades as an important interchange 
yard and passenger connection to the Algoma Central. Located in Northern Ontario on the Sudbury-White
River (also on the transcontinental) mainline, Franz 
boasted a booming economy in forestry, transportation
and mining in better days but it has now virtually ceased 
to exist. The nearest important town to the south is 
Wawa, Ontario.

After being closed in 1991 the station was relocated to
the nearby community of Dubreuilville where it served
as a visitor information centre for the town. View it in
picture No 5 at: http://www.algomacountry.com/639/dubreuilville

The front of the station is at: http://algomacentral.railfan.net/images/Oldies/ocpr38.jpg 
or http://algomacentral.railfan.net/oldcpr.htm. There is 
also a night shot of the station and one of the old trackside water tank on the website. For those interested of what
is on the other side of the diamond:  http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=
388893&nseq=5

This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
A page from CP Rail System Timetable; April 25, 1976
to October 30, 1976 (two years before the formation
of VIA Rail), showing FRANZ on Table 3, with particular reference below Table 4 for passenger connection at 
Franz ( 3 times a week) with  the Algoma Central
Railway to Hearst. Massey was there on the right day 
but the VIA train was late and the connection missed. Through a combination of events, he was able to ride 
into the cab of ACR 185, after paying a fare, but only
to Hawk Junction. From there, he took a cab to Wawa
and the Greyhound to Toronto.

Some superb coverage of the Franz station
(with a few period photos) can be found at: http://www.trainweb.org/franzswing/franz.htm

Submitted by Massey F. Jones from his collection
CNR Station Chatham Ont, Feb 1990
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Don Station, Toronto Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Don Station, Toronto Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Fenelon Falls Ont. 1980's 
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Freight Shed Petetang Ont. 1950's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Maple Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Maple (rear view) Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Maple Ont (track view)
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CNR Station, Ottawa Ont. 1930's
This picture is part of the Jim Parker Collection
CNR Hawkesbury Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CNR Hawkesbury Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
The M & O Railway Station, Bourget was name
because it traveled between Montreal and Ottawa.

The only surviving Ontario station on the M&O is 
in Bourget. The station is now a private residence.
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985

This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
The M & O Railway Station, Bourget was name
because it traveled between Montreal and Ottawa.
The M&O ran through Blackburn, Leonard, Hammond, Bourget, Plantaganet, Alfred, Van Kleek Hill, Rigauld 
and Dorion. 
This picture was taken and submitted by Gary MacDonald, Ottawa ON
The M & O Railway Station, Bourget was name
because it traveled between Montreal and Ottawa.
This picture was taken and submitted by Gary MacDonald, Ottawa ON
CN Alexandria Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Casselman Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR (CNR) Dalkeith Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CNR Station Haliburton Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Haliburton Ont. 1980's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Haliburton Ont. 1980's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Kinmount Ont. 1978
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Kinmount Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Kinmount Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Petetang Ont. 1950's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Stouffville Ont. 1950's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Stouffville Ont. 1950'sCNR Station Stouffville Ont. 1950's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Stouffville Ont. 1950's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Uxbridge Ont. Oct 1987
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Uxbridge Ont. Oct 1987
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station West Toronto Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station West Toronto Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Waterford Ont. Feb 1989
This picture was taken by Frank Smeltzer and was submitted by Jim Parker
The original station in downtown BARRIE opened
in 1865. It survived until demolished by the CN in 
1963. This photo was taken in 1962, when the station 
was still active
 Massey F. Jones collection  
The original station in downtown BARRIE opened in 
1865. It survived until demolished by the CN in 1963.
This photo was taken in 1962, when the station was still active, as evidenced by the boxcar beyond the station. 
This view looks southwest. The entire area has since 
been redeveloped.

The downtown station was  demolished in 1963. CN had meanwhile moved all operations to their larger station at ALLANDALE, around Kempenfeldt Bay (of Lake 
Simcoe) about a mile short of the old station and 
renamed it "BARRIE".

Allandale station had opened around 1853 and after 
serving ancestors of the CN much like the old downtown station and continued as a CN, and then VIA,  transcontinental as well as Ontario Northland passenger 
stop for many years till demolished in the 1980s and 
replaced by a newer GO station today.

Massey remembers alighting from the CN Super 
Continental at Allandale at 2 am on a cold winter 
morning for advanced training at Camp Borden, some 
miles away and took this  picture the following spring
or summer.

This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
A view of the Port McNicoll c. 1912 CPR station in September 1976, after it was decommissioned.

Originally, it served passengers from Toronto, who then boarded either CPR Ships S.S. Keewatin or the S.S. Assiniboia, which took them on Lake Huron to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario where the ship  had a layover and train passengers had a choice of going into the US or proceed 
on Lake Superior to Fort William (now Thunder Bay), 
where they could catch a CPR train west. More 
reference is made about the ship voyage on another
one of my pages.

The station served a secondary purpose. In addition, 
there was a large yard and a roundhouse nearby, which housed railway equipment necessary to serve 4 other 
CPR ships  transporting grain on the Great Lakes from 
Ft William and a very large elevator at Port McNicoll 
and then by railcar to Toronto and Montreal

When the St.Lawrence Seaway opened, the Great Lakes grain transport by ship and train became redundant. 
CPR at this point also ended passenger ship service
and closed the station and eventually demolished it as
it was off the mainline, with no economic benefit, even 
in rail passenger service to Toronto.

This picture was taken and submitted by Massey F. Jones
CPR Schreiber AB Station, 1942
The picture was taken of Tim's father in law, 
Sydney Taylor in 1942 when he was on his way to 
Raf Penhold (Red Deer AB) flight training school. 
Sydney Taylor is shown on the right.
 The picture was submitted by Tim Croft from the UK.   
1965 literature from the Canadian Pacific, advertising
their Great Lakes Steamship  service between
Port McNicoll and Fort William (now Thunder Bay), 
via Sault Ste. Marie Ontario. The glossy lithographed pamphlet, which is 22 ½" (570 cm) x 9 ¼" (230 cm) was folded equally in 3 equal portions and could be folded
in half again, to fit in a pocket or a purse.

The left shows the cover while the right photo is the 
map which the customer saw once the pamphlet was
opened. Other photos and text completed the handout, 
front and back.

Massey F. Jones collection
Inside the CPR Great Lakes promotional pamphlet, customers found  up-to-date seasonal service 
information on bond paper, this one dated 1965;
shortly before the steamship service was abandoned. 
The front shows the "Keewatin" and "Assiniboia" 
liner features (both identical) and the train/timetable 
was on the back. The size is just slightly smaller 
than the glossy promotional literature above and 
was folded in half to 7 1/4" x 9" to fit inside. 

One-way first class between Toronto and Port McNicoll 
was $5.00 ($4.20 coach class) and $9.00 return in
First Class ($8.00 coach). Between Fort William and Winnipeg, the "Faresaver" was $11.50 except Friday
and Sunday when it was $13.00; meals and berth
extra, if required.

Massey F. Jones collection  
The layout for the "Keewatin" and "Assiniboine" was 
on the opposite side of the seasonal pamphlet inserted
in the Canadian Pacific Great Lakes steamship service.

Note the dancing and observation lounge at the rear
of the ship, as well as the dining saloon on the upper 
deck. The rooms were on the main deck. A
"De Luxe Room" was $64.00 between Port McNicoll 
and Fort William, while outside rooms were $25.00
and inside rooms $20.00 (meals and taxes extra) 
It didn't include the "port-to-port passage, which 
was (between Port McNicoll and Fort William) 
$30.80  one way and $55.45 return, meals and berth
extra and slightly lower for children. Cars were $30.00 between Port McNicoll and Ft William. Both ships 
had 3 decks: Main, Upper and Sun deck.

Massey F. Jones collection  
About the best Google Earth Street View that can be obtained from Talbot Street, in Port McNicoll, Ontario,
of the S.S. Keewatin; the last of the Edwardian built passenger liner steamships in the world.

It was one of two passenger ships launched by the
Canadian Pacific Steamships in 1907 for Great Lakes 
service between Port McNicoll and Fort William, with a stopover in Sault Ste.Marie Ontario. From there, some passengers proceeded to Sault Ste.Marie Michigan,
while others continued to Fort William, many travelling
West by rail. A map of the Great Lakes trip is seen somewhere else on this page.

Canadian Pacific Railway Upper Lake Steamships 
ended service in 1965.  In 1967, when scrap and 
antique dealers were eying the Keewatin for scrap 
and old artifacts, the "Kee" was purchased by an
American concern and operated for 45 years as
museum ship at Douglas, Michigan http://www.sskeewatin.com/the-keewatin/ In 2011, 
she was re- purchased by a Canadian concern and
floated with great fanfare back to its former home 
at Port McNicoll, where it is now opened to the
public since 2012.

Plans have been made to redevelop the area and
incorporate a replica of the former CPR Port McNicoll station seen in these pages as an artifact. More at https://taytownshipheritage.wordpress.com/ss-
keewatin/

Submitted by Massey F. Jones  
CN Richmond Hill Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CPR Alliston Station
Constructed in 1908, Alliston station located in
South Central Ontario, about 50 miles from Toronto, 
served the CPR on the transcontinental mainline
between Toronto and Vancouver (see a timetable on 
this page) until the advent of VIA, which used the CN Newmarket Sub, for its transcontinental service, until 
the removal of rail between Barrie and Orillia in 1996.

When this picture was taken in September 1976, 
Alliston still had an identity of its own but in 1991; 
it became integrated into the Town of New Tecumseth, 
which now incorporates the communities of Alliston, 
Beeton, Tottenham and Tecumseth. Following decommissioning, research indicated that the building 
was relocated just north of Tottenham to serve as a 
private residence.

This picture was take and submitted by Massey F. Jones
CN Bradford Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Beaverton Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN New Market Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Aurora Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
A portion of the CPR transcontinental timetable,
dated October 26, 1975 to April 24, 1976, showing 
Alliston, located 49.6 miles (79.8 km) northwest of 
Toronto.
While the timetable indicates that it served Base 
Borden (about 8 miles away); the Canadian 
Government usually moved its personnel across
Canada with Canadian National whenever possible
because it was then a Crown Corporation and there 
were special arrangements. Military personnel 
slated for training at Borden usually arrived at 
Allendale (later called Barrie) and were transported
to the Base about 15 km away, on a military bus by
prior arrangement.

For large contingents, as well as supplies and 
equipment (tanks, vehicles etc), CNR had a spur 
right into Camp Borden, as it was called until 1968, 
to move large contingents of men, supplies and 
equipment (tanks, vehicles, etc) in and out of the
military base as needed in the steam days. CPR 
from Allison also used the spur occasionally.

The spur was taken up late in the 1990s, after being
idle for several years. View a photo of a CPR troop
train inside the Camp Borden as well as some 
history at  http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains/CPR_
Bruce/PSGR.htm.

Submitted by Massey F. Jones
CNR Station Brantford Ont. Oct 1984
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Glenco Ont. 1990
This picture was taken by Frank Smeltzer and was submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Glenco Ont. June 1990
This picture was taken by Frank Smeltzer and was submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Kincardine Ont. Aug 1970 with 
CNR Budd RDC-2
This picture was taken by Stan Svihla and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Mt. Albert Ont. June 1975
This picture was taken by Allan Campbell and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station New Market Ont. about 1975
with VIA Northbound train
Jim Parker Collection
CNR Station Pwnetand Ont. 1950's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Pwnetand Ont. 1950's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station St. Mary's Junction Ont. Feb 1989
This picture was taken by Frank Smeltzer and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station St. Marks Ont. Jan 1985
This picture was taken by Frank Smeltzer and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Stouffville Ont. 1950's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Unionville Ont. Sept 1981
This picture was taken by Allan Campbell and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station Unionville Ont. 1990's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station, West Toronto Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CNR Station, West Toronto Ont. 1970's
This picture was taken and submitted by Jim Parker
CN Washago Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Wingham Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR (CNR) Gravenhurst Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR (CNR) Wiarton Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR (CNR) Wiarton Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR Union Station (CNR and CPR) Orillia
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR South River Station
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
The original  S.R. RR Station built  in 1886  and
located on the East side of the Line 
( the photographer is unknown ) 
The photo is dated pre 1907
 K.D.Thornborrow Collection
he  same RR station building aquired in the 
takeover  from  Nippissing Pacific Junction  RR
now with some renovations and  moved to the West 
side of the line.  When GT made South River a
Divisional  Point on the  line  in 1907   the East side
of the line was used fro sidings and a Wye track ,
so the photo would be post 1907 
and again the photogarpher is unknown
K.D.Thornborrow Collection
South river GTR station digitised from a post card 
 .....  pre 1911
K.D.Thornborrow Collection
South river GTR station digitised from a post card 
showing the swith wye .....  pre 1911
K.D.Thornborrow Collection
CN  Photo is the South River  RR station 
after a CNR  remodel ....
1971 photographer unknown 
K.D.Thornborrow Collection
The South River RR station stripped of its CNR 
insulbrick and repainted  in a colour scheme that
matched what was found when the siding was removed
the building  now belongs to the village of South River
and remains standing  as a community heritage building ...2014  Photo taken 2007
K.D.Thornborrow Collection
CPR Station, North Bay
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CPR station in Thunder Bay (Fort William) vuilt in 1910

Designed with Renaissance features and constructed of 
pressed brick and Bedford stone, the "Union Station"
was built to serve as joint quarters for the Canadian
Pacific Railway (C.P.R.) and the Grand Trunk Pacific 
Railway (G.T.P.R.), and functioned as the administrative 
centre for the vast grain handling facilities of the Lakehead. 
The notable architectural features of the building include 
an arched entrance with an elaborate transom light.
The Station also has projecting end bays with pilasters
topped with decorative elements. The decorated piers all 
complement the symmetrical design of the building. 
http://www.thunderbay.ca/Living/culture_and_heritage
/Heritage_Properties/Walking_Tours

This picture was taken and submitted by Tim Lukinuk Thunder Bay, ON
CPR station in Thunder Bay (Fort William) vuilt in 1910
This picture was taken and submitted by Tim Lukinuk Thunder Bay, ON
CNR Station at Thunder Bay ON

CNR station at Thunder Bay ON was built for the Canadian Northern Rwy. c.1905.
It later became the CNR's station when the Canadian Northern was taken over by the Canadian National. 

This picture was submitted by Arthur Grieve, Winnipeg, Manitoba
CNR Station at Thunder Bay ON
This picture was submitted by Arthur Grieve, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canadian Northern Railway (Port Arthur)
This station was built in 1905 and this
picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
Grand Trunk Railway (CPR) Hanover Station
taken between 1977 and 1985
 This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Owen Sound Station taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CNR Wingham Station 1920's taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
Grand Trunk Railway (CNR) Listowell Station
taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Chatham taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CN Sarnia Station taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
VIA Rail Sarnia Station, taken Dec 2015
This picture was submitted by John MacDonald
VIA Rail Sarnia Station, taken Dec 2015
This picture was submitted by John MacDonald
VIA Rail Sarnia Station, taken Dec 2015
This picture was submitted by John MacDonald

CN London Station taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
CPR Woodstock Station taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR Petrolia Station taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR Petrolia Station track side 
taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR (Grand Trunk Railway) CNR St. Mary's Station
taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
VIA Rail Windsor (Walkerville) Station
taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California
GTR Walkerville Train Station, circa. 1905-1915
This picture was take and submitted by Rob Steele and is used with the permission of 
The US  Library of Congress PPOC site : http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/195_copr.html#question4
CPR Vankleek Hill Station taken between 1977 and 1985
This picture was take and submitted by Etienne Ozorak, Sacramento, California

Links to the other areas of Canada

The Maritimes
Western Canada
British Columbia and the Territories

Two site worth looking at.

The Memory Lane Railway Museum in Middleton, Nova Scotia.
The only exclusive Dominion Atlantic Railway museum in the world

Welcome to the DAR DPI
A web community initiative intent on digitally preserving
the history of the Dominion Atlantic Railway


Links
Visit our Home in Summerville Nova Scotia. This house was built in 1873.
Where we live and what we do
A Nova Scotia Snow Storm Hits Summerville
A Nova Scotia Snow Storm Hits Summerville
The Steam Locomotives of the CPR
The Steam Engines of the CNR
Old Canadian Rolling Stock Passenger Cars
Old Canadian Rolling Stock Freight Cars
Robot Cars
Electric Locomotives and Street Cars
Industrial and on Site Diesel  Locomotives
The Scrap Yard
Old Canadian Logging Equipment
and Steam and Diesel Locomotives
Train Bridges and Trestles
Canadian Railway Tunnels with a detailed look 
at the CPR Spiral Tunnels
The Newfoundland Railway
Canadian Railway Artifacts
The Grain Elevators of Western Canada
Old Diesels
   
Canadian National Railways Motive Power Statistics Index
Railway Maintenance Equipment
And Old Railway Rolling Stock
Jerry Barnes' Garden Railway, The SCRR
The Nova Scotia Railway Heritage Society
The Nova Scotia Railway Heritage Society
Historic Aircraft Pictures
Visit John's Old Car and Truck Pictures
The Yard Limit's page on the
Windsor & Hantsport Railway (WHRC)
CN Pensioners' Association
The Stanley Steamer

For all you steam fans, this page is a must

Visit Lonnie Hedgepeth's 
of Rocky Mount, North Carolina site.
He has used the plans provided on Covered Bridge Plans  webpage and is 
building a Covered Bridge for his Live Steam train.
The building trades class at Darlington HS in Darlington, Wisconsin built this covered bridge for a local business man
Tour the 64 remaining Covered Bridges
 of New Brunswick
The Covered Bridges that once 
dotted Nova Scotia.
Lilies From the Valley
A Vast selection of Oriental and Asiatic previously cut commercially grown bulbs ready for shipment anywhere in Canada
Visit my Jeep page
A Picture Review of the Jeeps
from 1940 to the present
A Picture Review of the 
Nash, Hudson 
and the cars of American Motors
A Picture Review of the Hudsons and Terraplanes
that were found in Australia
A Picture Review Studebaker
A Picture review of the Packard
A Picture Review of the
Pickup Truck from 1940 to 1969
A Picture review of the Volkswagen
A Picture Tour of the Kaiser Frazer
A Picture Tour of the
A Picture Tour of the Henry J
A Picture Tour of the Crosley
A Picture Review of the Chevrolet
from 1916 tto 1970
A Picture Review of the Ford
from 1908 to 1969
The Chrysler Airflow
View some of John Evan's  Artwork
View some of
John' Evan's Artwork 
This site has quite a collections
of John's artwork.
View these old cars as you haven't before.
Eric Gordon's Kaiser Rebuild
There are many pictures showing the
details of this Rebuild
E Mail

 
 
 


free web stats
Hits on this page


Total hits on the Railway pages



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Privacy Policy for http://yourrailwaypictures.com/ 

If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, please feel free to contact us by us by email at john@summervillens.ca 

At http://yourrailwaypictures.com/, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us. This privacy policy document outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by http://yourrailwaypictures.com/ and how it is used. 

Log Files
Like many other Web sites, http://yourrailwaypictures.com/ makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. 

Cookies and Web Beacons 
http://yourrailwaypictures.com/ does use cookies to store information about visitors preferences, record user-specific information on which pages the user access or visit, customize Web page content based on visitors browser type or other information that the visitor sends via their browser. 

DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on http://yourrailwaypictures.com/.
.:: Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to http://yourrailwaypictures.com/ and other sites on the Internet.
.:: Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy at the following URL - http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html

Some of our advertising partners may use cookies and web beacons on our site. Our advertising partners include ....
Google Adsense
 

These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to the advertisements and links that appear on http://yourrailwaypictures.com/ send directly to your browsers. They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. Other technologies ( such as cookies, JavaScript, or Web Beacons ) may also be used by the third-party ad networks to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and / or to personalize the advertising content that you see.

http://yourrailwaypictures.com/ has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers. 

You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices. http://yourrailwaypictures.com/'s privacy policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites. 

If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.